Sunday 8 August 2010

Horse Shows

Since my inspiration for buying a DSLR (more on the camera later), came from attending a handful of equestrian events, it makes sense that a lot of the photography that I have done since I got my camera has been at similar shows.

I say shows, because I have been going to showjumping and eventing events (as it were), so I'm trying to be all encompassing.  I find that the word show, though, conjures up images of those town and country things where there are pony club games and marquees where you can exhibit your home made jam.  This isn't to say I've a problem with these (in fact I am keen to get to a few, because they should be really interesting, from a photography point of view), but the events that I have been at aren't really like those.

Since I got my camera, I have been to the Bolesworth Classic showjumping (BSJA), the Stafford (2) Horse Trials (British Eventing), the FEI European Pony Championships, and the Skipton (2) Horse Trials (also British Eventing).  What I mean to say, I think, is that these are equine sports, and at a high level, too. 

So yes, I have been travelling around getting some practice with the horse shots.  I am intending to try and attend a few more over the next few weeks while the eventing season is still going, but I will also hopefully be able to catch up with some posts about the places that I have already been.

For now, here is one of my favourite shots from the European Pony Trials, which I think sums up the cross country that day quite nicely.

Michelle Mothes on Twobits

No comments:

Post a Comment